To Date the Chapter has provided over $144,150 in scholarship funds!
Applications for 2018-2019 are being accepted now!
4 Year (High School)
Each year, the Greater Houston Chapter awards two 4-year scholarships to graduating high school students planning to study engineering in an ABET accredited program at a university in the state of Texas. The scholarship amount increases over four years (for a total amount of $5,500) to encourage students to continue in their pursuit of obtaining an engineering degree.
The scholarship deadline for high school graduating seniors is TBD. The application is available in PDF (bottom of page).
Applications must include the following:
- Students must provide an Essay on the topics as provided in the application.
- Students must plan to attend an ABET accredited engineering program at a college in the state of Texas.
- Two recommendations are required. Please provide a separate envelope for each letter of recommendation.
- The full application with transcript, essay and recommendations should be provided in one package if possible. If the school has a policy of sending the transcript separately, that is acceptable. However, if at all possible, it is preferred to have the transcript included with the application.
- SAT or ACT scores must be included. Please note not all schools include this information on transcripts, and the scores may need to be sent separately. Applications without this information will be disqualified.
The Greater Houston Chapter does not require any interviews. The application must be postmarked by the January 18, 2019 deadline or may be delivered by 12:00 PM on the deadline day.
Please DO NOT staple documents!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing location for scholarships.
Rebekah L. Campbell, P.E., CFM
Jones | Carter
Our Chapter provides a one-year scholarship to a university level Engineering student. Scholarship application linked below.
Students only need to supply the one-page application and one-page essay.
DO NOT send test scores, letters of recommendations or any other documents other than the single page application and 1 page essay.
The deadline for the University Scholarship is January 30, 2019 @ 11:59 pm.
Email: email@example.com for additional questions/info.
University Scholarship Coordinator:
Loretta Lau, P.E.
Jones | Carter